You always see 2 slices of bacon on top of any bacon burger. However, if you really want to get the bacon flavor in there with each bite, ground it up and mix it in with the hamburger patties. Pre-cooked bacon works best there. Its already cooked, so all the fat and water are rendered out of it. This will also insure that there is no uncooked bacon in the burger if you prefer your burgers more on the rare/red/pink side.
- 1 pound ground grass fed beef
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Hamburger or Montreal Steak seasoning (low sodium)
- Extra Sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
1) break the pre-cooked bacon strips into halves and put in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground
2) add all ingredients into a bowl with the seasoning and mix well by hand
3) form into 4 equal hamburger patties, they should be about 9 ounces each (not quite 1/3 of a pound)
Grill on high heat until the first side is done. Reduce grill heat/flame to medium and continue to cook on the other side until done to your desired temperature (medium to well done are best).