This is really simple and very hard to screw up. The only part that is difficult, is adding in the flour so it does not clump up. However, if you use a wish and break it up slowly while pouring in the flour, you should be ok. This will serve about 4 people.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 tablespoons flour (one tablespoon when you add the stock, another teaspoon after you add the cream to thicken it)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup garlic broth and/or (Better than Bullion)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional, half for cooking, half for garnish)
- In a large pan or Dutch oven melt the butter slowly.
- Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon flour and whisk.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 tablespoon of flour and seasonings.