These are a break from the regular red gravy meatballs and have a more savory taste with the use of mushrooms and brown gravy. These are more likely to be served as an appetizer with toothpicks, as they are half the size of normal meatballs. Make a plate, pour some gravy over the top, add some toothpicks and you have a perfect cocktail party appetizer.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 ounces chopped mushrooms (preferably Baby Bella)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- combine all ingredients and mix by hand
- form into 1 ounce balls and place in a mini muffin tin
- cook for about 20 minutes and/or until brown, you might want to turn them while cooking
- Serve with brown gravy.